It’s such a humbling (and awesome) feeling when someone says they like my blog and that it makes them smile / think / laugh. That’s my favorite. It’s like I always say: A little flattery will only get you everywhere. It’s even more exciting when someone says “I think your blog is so amazing I’m giving it an award” … but when that someone is one of your very favorite people?! Well, shit on a stick! That makes it The. Best. Day. Ever.
My “bes fren” Lorinda from The Rowdy Baker has given me the Sunshine Award. You might remember our fun post from Blogger Idol Moodie Bloggers for the Win! I’d give this award right back to her if I could because she makes me smile with every single post.
There are a few rules with this little ray of sunshine: Display the award on your blog. Give 7 random facts about yourself. Answer the 7 questions. Then nominate any amount of bloggers you choose up to 11. (Eleven feels very random. Why not 7 like the other parts? … Anyway, I like shining a light on other people, so I’ll choose 11!)
7 Random Facts:
1. I am the anti-hoarder. I get rid of things like it’s my freaking job. If I haven’t used it in months, it’s outta here. If I didn’t remember I even had it, it’s gone. If I’m not sure where to put it, it’s in the pile-of-things-that-no-longer-get-to-live-in-my-house. This has come back to bite me in the ass numerous times and I’ve had to re-buy something after I sent it to a new home. Especially for the things I got rid of when I “cleaned” the kids’ rooms or playroom when they were little …. the kids would beg me to not clean their room.
2. I love having a clean house, but I hate cleaning. When it’s got to be done, I crank my stereo and rock out … my neighbors know when it’s cleaning day–even in the middle of winter.
3. I love the snow and winter. I’m all in and revel in it through February. It starts to wear on me in March, but I can’t imagine moving south where I don’t get to experience all 4 seasons in their full glory.
4. I’m a hot mess but super organized. I have a stack of papers and miscellaneous junk on a countertop in my kitchen and I had bags of stuff from Christmas still sitting on the floor by the couch until just a few days ago, but my tupperware is neatly arranged in the cupboard and the lids are the same in a drawer.
5. I love tea. That is all.
6. I would eat sushi every day if I could.
7. On cold winter days, my favorite treat as a kid was buttered toast dipped in hot chocolate. The kids were home from school last week because it was so cold. I introduced the Boy to that treat. He’s a new fan.
Questions to answer:
1. If you could go back in time ten years and tell yourself one thing, what would it be?
Start your damn blog! (I’ve been wanting to write about what parenting is really like for 14 years … I would be rich and famous if I actually had done it back before there were a million “mommy bloggers” out here. Winky face emoticon.)
2. What’s your favorite ice cream flavor?
Cookies and Cream–with real Oreos
3. If you were to take me on a date, where would we go and why?
To the airport for people watching … I did that once in high school back in the day when everyone could walk around the entire airport and there was no security to go through. We sat and watched people come and go and made up stories about them all. So much fun.
4. Above all else, what are you afraid of?
Well, there’s the obligatory Something Happening to My Kids, of course, but after that, I’m a crazy kind of claustrophobic. Like I freak out if I’m getting dressed and don’t get my arms through the sleeve holes fast enough. So, I guess I’m afraid of getting stuck in something.
5. What would you do if you knew you couldn’t fail?
Write a book.
6. What has been your favorite age to be and why?
College age (17-21) … so much fun without a (major) care in the world.
7. Coffee or tea?
I don’t drink coffee, unless it’s mostly milk and sugar with a splash of coffee. And Random Fact #5 is that I love tea. So, tea.
And now the fun … sharing blogs that bring sunshine to my life (and I’m picking ones I haven’t picked before … you can see other blogs I love HERE):
I’d give it to Dried-on Milk too because I love her, but she was on The Rowdy Baker’s list too!
I hope you’ll check out some of my favorites!
(And, if you’re someone who reads my posts based on prompts from Facebook, I highly suggest that you take a second to Subscribe to this blog. FB has a new algorithm (of course, they do) that basically says they’re showing posts to fewer and fewer people. So, if you want to be sure to know about new stuff here, just enter your email in the Subscribe box on the right and you’ll get an email from me whenever there’s something new on Real Life Parenting!)