It’s December!! Time for cold weather and snow, Christmas shows and carols, family gatherings and logs crackling in the fireplace. It’s my favorite time of year to snuggle up in a cozy chair with a cup of tea and a good book. Throw in a few cookies and it’s perfect … all my favorite Comforts of Home.
My side table is loaded with books just waiting for the flakes to fly so I can get cozy next to the fire in my jammies and read. Here’s what’s waiting for me:
1. The Silver Star by Jeannette Walls. I loved The Glass Castle and Half Broke Horses … can’t wait to see what she’s done this time!!
2. Let’s Explore Diabetes with Owls by David Sedaris. One of my all-time favorite authors!! With Christmas around the corner, I’ll be pulling out Holidays on Ice again for my very favorite holiday tale: Six to Eight Black Men.
3. Zealot: The Life and Times of Jesus of Nazareth by Reza Aslan. I saw his interview on The Daily Show and thought the book would be interesting. I found out about Jeannette Walls when I saw her on The Colbert Report, so there might be something there!
4. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. I’m totally behind the times. I know. I still haven’t read Harry Potter yet either. I’ve got the first one on my book shelf waiting for me. I’m just very, very fashionably late.
5. The HerStories Project: Women Explore the Joy, Pain, and Power of Female Friendship edited by Jessica Smock and Stephanie Sprenger … with essays by 50 authors, including ME! I’ve been giddy like a school girl every time I see my name on page 99. Squee!
If you have an interest in checking out anything I’m about to be reading, cuddled up with a cup of something hot, and enjoying a cookie or two that you whipped up in a snap, then here’s a great opportunity for you!
I’m teaming up with a bunch of bloggers to offer an epic Comforts of Home giveaway!! You can enter to win one of THREE amazing prizes!!
- 5 quart Artisan Series KitchenAid stand mixer (winner’s choice of color)
- Keurig K65 Special Edition Brewing System
- Kindle Paperwhite Touch Screen E-Reader
Enter for your chance to win!! I’d love to see one of my followers take home one of these amazing prizes!!
You can earn your first entry by answering this question in the comments on this post: Which item would you most like to see under your tree this holiday–a KitchenAid mixer, a Keurig, or a Kindle Paperwhite?
The “Comforts of Home” giveaway begins Monday Dec 2 and ends at 12:00 AM on Monday, December 9, 2013.
Giveaway is open to U.S. residents only. Void where prohibited.
All entries are optional with the exception of leaving a blog comment. We will never sell, distribute, or spam your email.
Three winners will be chosen by Rafflecopter (powered by Random.org). The first person chosen will choose between a KitchenAid Artisan Stand Mixer, Keurig K65 Brewing System, or Kindle Paperwhite. The second person chosen will chose between the two remaining prizes. The third person chosen will receive the remaining prize.
This is a non-sponsored post. Prizes were purchased by a group of participating bloggers. KitchenAid, Keurig, and Kindle are not affiliated with this giveaway.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to the owner of this Facebook page and not to Facebook.